When the going gets tough...

Whether you're a fresh white belt or a seasoned veteran. You will come across challenges in your Jiu-Jitsu career. It could be injuries, it could be scheduling conflicts. It could even be something between a student or your instructor but, the facts are, somewhere along the line the going is going to get tough.

This is where the right mindset comes into play. Ask yourself why it is that you started in the first place. Was it just to get in shape? Was it to have someone push you just a little bit harder? Did you want to enter the competition scene and dominate? Don't forget whatever your why is.

Jiu Jitsu on one side is a one-person sport. You learn techniques for yourself. You challenge yourself. You better yourself. On the flip side, and in my opinion more importantly. Jiu-Jitsu is a team sport.

When you register for classes you're not only investing in yourself, but you're investing in your team. Without training partners it's very hard to train.

When the going gets tough, and it will. Your team will be there to help. It's important to make the best effort possible to get to class. If you are injured, sit on the sidelines supporting your team and take notes on the techniques presented.

Of course life gets in the way, and there will be scheduling conflicts. Staying late at work because of a meeting is really out of your control. If you could make the last 20 minutes of a class it shows support to your teammates and you can still get a little training in.

If you are going to be out a few days or a few weeks let somebody know. Touch base with your instructor or at the least another student. When your teammates come to class and you're not there, they start asking what's going on, where's so and so.

When your membership is up and you decide to move on or take a break from Jiu-Jitsu or even go to a different Academy. Talk with your instructor let them know as a courtesy.

Academy owners and instructors devote a large percentage of their time building an academy and helping people improve. maybe you just can't afford it anymore. It's important to touch base with your instructor one way or another.

So when times get tough, as they always do. Remember your “WHY” and get to class not only for yourself but also for your team.

Write a comment

Comments: 8
  • #1

Custom Essay Services (Monday, 03 July 2017 05:27)

When difficulties arise, isolate your faculties from your brain and recall that you are not responsible for the result. You can just give a valiant effort, which is your obligation, which you can just botch up on the off chance that you are pondering the intense street in front of you.

• #2

Write My Essay for Me (Tuesday, 01 August 2017 06:56)

Truly, this article is really one of the most perfect ever. I am an antique "Article" specialist and I occasionally read some new articles if I find them interesting. Moreover, I found this one totally enchanting and it should go into my social affair.

Great work!

• #3

Essay Help (Tuesday, 01 August 2017 06:57)

Right when the mentality strikes you. When you like the way she looks remaining by the sink, when you see something new and empowering about her, when she accomplishes something through and through out of affection for you, when you consider her for the length of the day. Most ladies I know love to hear how superb they how and the total they are adored for all the varying things they are.

• #4

Essay Writing Help (Tuesday, 01 August 2017 06:58)

Genuinely, this article is truly a champion among the most perfect ever. I am an antique "Article" ace and I all completed read some new articles in case I find them captivating. In like way, I found this one truly enchanting and it should go into my get-together.

Marvelous work!

• #5

Do my Research Paper for me (Tuesday, 01 August 2017 06:59)

This is a to a staggering degree illuminating article. I in like way agree with your post title and your truly well light up your point of view. I am astoundingly glad to see this post. A commitment of thankfulness is all together for share with us. Keep it up and share the more most related post.

• #6

Hub Dissertation Port (Tuesday, 29 August 2017 01:12)

I am ridiculously extreme and strong. I recognize that NO circumstance in life is flawless and that there are great things about each phase that I should be appreciative for. I make plans to endure the extreme circumstance. I choose when I am worn out on being miserable about a specific issue, and I quit harping on it and move on. I am a survivor and am solid.

• #7

smok vape wholesaler (Thursday, 01 February 2018 04:29)

Hand to hand fighting are systematized frameworks and customs of battle hones, which are rehearsed for various reasons: as self-protection, military and law implementation applications, mental and profound improvement; and additionally diversion and the conservation of a country's immaterial social legacy.

• #8

buy dissertation online (Wednesday, 06 June 2018 04:57)

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information..